Skip to main content

At last, I have created my own venue in St. John Woods, called "The Conservatory".  That may seem like an obvious and unimaginative name since the building is a large greenhouse, but there is a much deeper meaning behind it.

Those who know me understand that I have very eclectic taste in art, literature, film, and specifically, music.  I am drawn to the unusual, the dark, and the quirky, in a way that manifests as melancholic.

There is an energy within music that resonates with biological lifeforms, such as plants and animals.  I preserve my personal collection of music as a lifetime of energies that resonate within me, and the associated memories.

Just as a conservatory is intended to preserve rare or important horticultural specimens, The Conservatory will be my venue for sharing my musical specimens with others.  (Of course, The Conservatory is also filled with some unusual Second Life horticultural specimens!)

Open House is scheduled for Friday, March 24th at 1:00 PM SLT (Pacific Daylight Time).

SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/St%20John%20Woods/192/214/56

Recommended Attire: Fantasy, Goth, Victorian, Steampunk




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Howl for the Buck Moon

This month our Howl falls on the Full Moon which happens to be called the "Buck Moon".  Apparently, the month of July is when young deer develop their antlers.  Musically, I've got nothing for that theme... but some of my favorite antlered-folk are fond of Classical music so I'll present a set of Dark Ambient, Alternative and Classical music at The Lair in Rosehaven. The Howl events occur twice a day; first at noon SLT and again at 7:00 pm SLT, to accommodate our denizens in different time zones.  Both events are 90 minutes in length. Friday, July 27, from 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM and again 7:00 - 8:30 PM PDT and SLT, at The Lair, in Rosehaven (Second Life). Fantasy or Goth attire from any era is encouraged. When in doubt, wear Black! SLURL:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rosehaven%20Sanctuary/130/105/25

October Events

This October I am presenting music at two different Masquerade Balls. My Masquerade Ball at The Lair occurs first on the calendar. This event, as with most of my Howls, will take place twice a day to accommodate my listeners in other time zones: Friday, October 26th The Lair (in Rosehaven) 12 Noon until 1:30 pm SLT (Pacific Time) and again from 7:00 pm until 8:30 pm SLT (Pacific Time) The musical theme will be Dark Classical, Neo-Classical, and Cinematic. The recommended attire is Formal Fantasy or Gothic (Gowns, Suits, Masks) The following Sunday I am honored to present the music for Princess Selena at Rosehaven's 12th Anniversary and Halloween Ball: Sunday, October 28th Rosehaven Castle 12 Noon until 2:00 pm SLT (Pacific Time) The musical theme will be Dark Electronic and Witch House. The recommended attire is Fantasy Spooky Themed Costumes & Masks

Gothmas Howl 2018

Friday, December 21st from Noon to 1:30pm, SLT and again from 7:00pm to 8:30pm, SLT Please join me at The Lair as I celebrate my typist's birthday with some of my favorite dark, holiday tunes. Festive attire. Bright Solstice and a Happy New Year!